12905 Greenwood Avenue
Built in 1886
Charles Young, the son of Joshua P. Young, continued his father’s real estate business, acquiring substantial real estate holdings in Harvey, Glen Ellyn, Waukegan, and Joliet.
Charles Young served on the first board of the Blue Island Library Association, which was founded in 1891. Charles’ wife, Jennie, was the daughter of Marshall Alexander, who was a Trustee for the Village and owned a dry-goods store on Western Avenue.
In 1915 the home was purchased by Theresa Klein, a prominent local family who owned the Klein Grain Elevator.
The stucco cladding was likely applied around this time. With the rising popularity of Tudor Revival homes, stucco was a quick way to “update” the appearance of older residences.
Become A Member