1. Photographs must have been taken in the Chicago Southland. For a map of the Southland, click here to check out the Chicago Southland Convention and Visitors Bureau website.
2. There is a $5 entry fee for each photo submitted.
3. This contest is for amateurs only. If you earn any income with your photography, please do not register.
4. Up to five photos per category can be entered, but no more than 15 photos total. Do not enter the same photo in more than one category.
5. Each category will have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place selections, plus honorable mentions and people’s choice.
6. All photographs must first be entered online at: https://blueislandhistoricalsociety.com/photo-contest-entry/
7. Entries must include information in all data fields. Omitting any may result in disqualification.
8. All submissions must also be printed and suitably framed, wired, and ready to hang. You may drop off your submissions at the Blue Island Historical Society during regular hours (Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.), or contact us via email (email@example.com) to coordinate drop off during off hours.
9. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond basic editing and toning will not be accepted.
10. Photographers are eligible for no more than one first-place prize.
11. Employees and board members of the Blue Island Historical Society, Blue Island Chamber of Commerce, Blue Island Arts Alliance, and Chicago Southland Convention & Visitors Bureau and their immediate families are ineligible to win.
12. By entering this contest, photographers give their consent to publish submitted images.
13. Enter by September 15 to have an opportunity to be featured on the Beverly Art Walk.
14. You may sell your submitted photos, with the Blue Island Historical Society entitled to 10% of each sale.
15. The deadline to enter is Oct. 31, 2019.